Sunday, April 29, 2012

Live Life... For Who?

Interesting fact, but my friends mom met Nicholas Sparks, and apparently he's got a huge ego and is kind of an a**.
If one of the most romantic writer of all time *opinion* is an a** in person, that makes me doubtful for the hopes of finding one of my own. And all I wanted was a Noah...

I saved this on my computer forever ago. I couldn't even tell you where I found it, but I'd really like to know what Nicholas Sparks book this is from.




This quote has been the biggest lesson I have learned most recently. I could put this in conjunction with the idea that
  "Stop trying to make everyone happy, because it's impossible, once one person is happy with something, there's always someone waiting wanting the opposite."

It's crazy that I've never had such trouble with it. Then I thought about it, and right now it's competing priorities. I was stupid enough to overcommit myself to the max this year. So time was a hot commodity, which played out in my schoolwork, jobs, extracurriculars, and also my relationships. Everything was asking for my full effort and all of my time. I had to start making choices and then couldn't handle it when not everyone was 100% satisfied at the end.
The thing is though, making everyone 100% satisfied was impossible. There is not enough of me, there is not enough time, I don't have enough sanity.
So is the healthy thing to make choices and just shrug when not everyone is happy?

That quote struck home because I realized that my issue is that my happiness is rooted in other people's happiness with me. If they see me as successful and living a good life, then I must be. If I'm messing up or they're disappointed in me, then something must be wrong with me.
The thing is though no one person sees every side of my life. No one other person will ever know if I am truly being successful and living a full life, but me.

I guess that is why the wise a**h*** advised us to live life not for other people, but for ourselves.

The struggle is finding the balance between living life for myself and being narcissistic and self centered. Can a balance be struck?


 I view it as a spectrum.
The goal, I guess, is to find the middle ground and be able to live for myself and still work for other people in it.

I guess it's not easy.




Those are my words of the wise for the day.
I don't like that because I think I am far from wise.

Those are my words of the learnt for the day.
Much better.


No comments:

Post a Comment