Sunday, April 29, 2012

Night Walks

See how scary the shadows are?
There is just something about summer that reminds me what is important.

Tonight was the first night I have enjoyed the summer air, the kind that the chill is gone, and there is just enough warmth that you are comfortable. The kind that just begs for shorts and flip flops.

My roommate and I went to this park, it was after dark and probably not a good life decision, but we wanted to swing.


I realized it was the first time in a long time that I had stopped, taken a walk, spent time with a friend and talked about anything and everything. I also realized just how important that was for my life. We didn't talk about anything earth shattering, in fact the stupidity of our conversation probably decreased both of our IQ's by a few points, but it was fun and satisfying.

It's a little ironic that some of the biggest lessons I've learned this year has been less about academics and more about how to live life healthily.

Nonetheless, it made me excited summer is here and that I am about to spend an amazing three months with some of the most amazing people I know.

Hopefully I have a lot more night walks in my future.








By the way, I ran 1.1 miles today. I've got a long way to go, but it beats my .36 of a mile from the beginning!


No comments:

Post a Comment