Saturday, May 12, 2012

Chai Musings

Here I am in a coffee shop, sipping on my chai tea latte. I am in a good place.



That must also mean it's time to write again.
I admit, I've been slacking on these posts.
I was on a roll, then life took over.

Isn't that always the excuse? Life took over. What does that even mean?

I've done some thinking (surprised?), and I've come to the conclusion that the phrase (the first time I typed that I totally wrote fraze. Then I snorted at myself. That was just too embarrassing not to share),  life took over is a cop out.

Sure, things can happen in ones life. Bad or good things alike can demand our attention and time. However, this is our life and we make the active choice of what we will allow to take over.
For example, this year I kept attributing my stress and competing priorities as life and that it all of these things had been thrust upon me. Everybody wanted something from me and I could never get away from it. The issue was that I was a victim of my own life.

Being the victim of anything is rarely a good thing.


That was a cop out. I can totally take control of my life.
If I wanted to give in to the demands of all of my commitments, that was my choice. If I wanted to drop everything and say screw it, that was would also be my choice.

My point is not that I have somehow miraculously figured out to live a perfect life.
If someone has that answer, please share. Because college answers just about every question, but the ones you care about most.

My point is that I have had the epiphany that I need to take control of my own life. I am not a victim of my life, and while someone may throw me a curveball every once in a while (good or bad), I have the choice of how to react to it.

 I am not a girl laying on the train tracks waiting for a collision.


No comments:

Post a Comment